Question about Flex

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrc54

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Anderson,IN
In a resent chat with Dish, They said Flex with no locals, no data guide. I have a VIP722k with OTA tuner. Can anyone on Flex with an active similar receiver confirm that you have OTA guide without paying for locals? I would really like the savings of Flex, but need OTA data guide.

IIRC when flex first came out you had to have locals to receive guide data for ota and then removing locals kept the guide data but not having locals atleast for 24 hours did not have it. I could be wrong though

I've had guide data on OTA locals for as long as I've had Flex, back in early August.

I only turn on locals on the weekends, sometimes even skip a weekend. Never lost guide data.

I've had guide data on OTA locals for as long as I've had Flex, back in early August.

I only turn on locals on the weekends, sometimes even skip a weekend. Never lost guide data.
I'm saying I think people who never received satellite locals don't receive ota guide data. A buddy of mine reactivated an old hopper with flex no locals and didn't receive guide data but once they added sat locals for a few days they always had guide data for ota after including after removing locals from their flex packs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IIRC when flex first came out you had to have locals to receive guide data for ota and then removing locals kept the guide data but not having locals atleast for 24 hours did not have it. I could be wrong though
I had locals when I switched so I can't say. Thing is, guide data is guide data. If you have an active account and a plan that includes locals, isn't that all it takes to 'trigger' it ?

Yeah, at this point, OTA guide data no longer goes away after a while if you drop locals. That change happened 3-6 months ago (??).

Yeah, at this point, OTA guide data no longer goes away after a while if you drop locals. That change happened 3-6 months ago (??).
Well, it must have been closer to 6 months ago, and it probably started when the Flex Pack started, since I got it within a week of inception.

I remember back last June when I first activated my hopper 3 , that I first noticed that my old 211k- that is hooked up to the satellite ,but not authorized , had ota guide information for the first time since 2012. I used the 211k to see what signal strengths I got on my eastern arc sat dish while I was setting up the hybrid lnb and dish. This is definitely a change that was welcome. I just wish that DISH felt the need to give all sub channels guide information as well. Let us use the Titan app for the hopper and the internet to provide us full guide information and all would be happy.:bounce

I may be remembering wrong, but I thought if you add the Latino Bonus Pack to Flex, you'll get music channels (either Sirius or Dish CD)?

Reactions: pattykay
I think that may be right. The user "Mojo" (or something like that) posted that recently. Just checked and that's correct (you get the Dish CD channels as well):

sirius.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)