Question about FOX news

wertyders

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2013
Mobile, AL
Watching FOX news around 7:30 pm and I notice an odd commercial for NBC nightly news. I think this is unusual for FOX so I try to back up a few minutes to re-watch it. The commercial is no longer there. Of course I think I may be going crazy but It happens again during another commercial break. Again I try to back up and re-watch. This time my Hopper 3 locks up and I have to switch channels. Is Dish substituting commercials?

Watching FOX news around 7:30 pm and I notice an odd commercial for NBC nightly news. I think this is unusual for FOX so I try to back up a few minutes to re-watch it. The commercial is no longer there. Of course I think I may be going crazy but It happens again during another commercial break. Again I try to back up and re-watch. This time my Hopper 3 locks up and I have to switch channels. Is Dish substituting commercials?

Yes, they do insert commercials. Part of your H3’s HDD is reserved for commercials that can be inserted into programming

I had the same Experience watching MSNBC the other day and saw a commercial for Fox News. I was like "Whaaaa da HELL!!????"

Inserted commercials have been done for years and I have seen NBC inserted several times during Fox News as well as CBS. MSNBC gets inserted during FoxB. Sometimes NBC sitcoms (most recently Trial and Error) gets commercials inserted during FOXB.

Sent from my KFDOWI using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have found that when a channel goes into commercials, and it is an inserted (downloaded to your receiver), you can tap you 10 second back button and the commercial changes to the one the network is running. No need to press "live TV" button. I have also noticed if you let the downloaded spots run, it rejoins the program a couple of seconds late.

Sent from my cheap phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: HipKat
The only time cable news is worth my time is during actual breaking news (not what they call breaking news most of the time). The rest of the time, it is just empty calories for my brain. If I want news, I'll read it.

Reactions: Cold Irons
The only time cable news is worth my time is during actual breaking news (not what they call breaking news most of the time). The rest of the time, it is just empty calories for my brain. If I want news, I'll read it.

Me, I’m just the opposite. In addition to my Dish Network subscription, I have Spectrum TV Choice (for access to Fox News Go and Fox Business Go), a Premium Membership to BillOReilly.com, a KlowdTV membership (to watch One America News Network), TheBlaze TV, InfoWars TV, CRTV, and also SiriusXM (partially for talk radio and news). I will also subscribe to Fox Nation once it’s released. Then there's also the stuff I also get for free.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: EarDemon
Me, I’m just the opposite. In addition to my Dish Network subscription, I have Spectrum TV Choice (for access to Fox News Go and Fox Business Go), a Premium Membership to BillOReilly.com, a KlowdTV membership (to watch One America News Network), TheBlaze TV, InfoWars TV, CRTV, and also SiriusXM (partially for talk radio and news). I will also subscribe to Fox Nation once it’s released. Then there's also the stuff I also get for free.

To each his/her own.

Yeah, everything is Breaking News now. It's aggravating, because usually, there's nothing "Breaking" about it

Wow! That's......all just......wow.

DITTO's

Reactions: edisonprime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)