question about HDTV and dishnetwork

irish68

Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Arvada
I am a current DishNetwork customer, and I have 6months left on my "contract" - I have the DVR522. I just purchased a Samsung plasma television - and started my switch to the HD world. The plasma is the second tv. I wanted to see if DishNetwork had any sort of "upgrade" options for current customers, but they said they do not offer any upgrades to HD at the moment. So I bought a Samsung OTA tuner to receive my local channels in HD - but I am still trying to pursue getting all the HD channels offered by DishNetwork. Does anyone know of a good way of doing this? So far, my only thoughts are buying a DishNetwork HD receiver from a retailer. But I don't know if I can hook that up into my current set up or not. Please advise and/or help.

An 811 receiver will hook up to just fine as long as you have an "open" spot on the LNB/Switch. The HD Pack is all on the main satellites (110°) right now. If you only have one receiver, most systems are equipt for two. All you have to do is connect a cable from the receiver to the second plug-in on the satellite dish.

BEFORE you do anything though, check to see what LNB & switch combination you have. Post that here. We will be able to help you better then.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
An 811 receiver will hook up to just fine as long as you have an "open" spot on the LNB/Switch. The HD Pack is all on the main satellites (110°) right now. If you only have one receiver, most systems are equipt for two. All you have to do is connect a cable from the receiver to the second plug-in on the satellite dish.

BEFORE you do anything though, check to see what LNB & switch combination you have. Post that here. We will be able to help you better then.

See ya
Tony
Tony he has a 522 that is a two tuner receiver so both ports of a Twin are being used. He will probably have to purchase an 811 and a DP-34. Now if DISH only had some HDTV programming that would justify paying that price. :) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts