Question about how long the hiring process takes.

Well, my process started in mid March and I went on my interview April 11. Drug tested the following week and called to check up on things a few days after that. When my call was returned I was told that my driving record wasn't good enough (speeding ticket 3 years ago with a stop sign ticket in 2011) however if my reference checks came back OK they would try to proceed under their "new company policy" which would allow me to be hired. I was also told to think about putting in a 2 week notification to my former employer. It's now coming up on 3 full weeks since we had that talk on the phone, and I know my references had been called last week. Possible they are just waiting on a class to start? I was very optimistic about getting this job until I found out my driving record wasn't perfect. Being a remote tech brings a high level of responsibility with their company car - something of which I would not take lightly.

I recently Applied to Dish Network (Satellite TV technician/installer), I had a phone interview & about a week later & then a face to face interview.
The interview went well as far as i could determine. I was given a paper that said.. para phrasing:

" Congrats for making it to the next step in Dish Network recruiting process....In about 1-3 days you will receive an e-mail with instructions on where to complete pre-employment drug screening...In addition we will be using an online reference tool e-mailing you instructions in the next 1-3 days...."

Well my interview was more than 1 week ago, I have not received any e-mails or instructions on taking the drug screening or providing reference info.

I am know my criminal background check will come up clean, I have a clean Motor Vehicle report for the past 3 years. ( 5-7 years back I had some things on my driving record mainly a suspension for a Failure to Appear, no accidents or DUI's. My credit report mauy have some flaws, but nothing major no Bancruptcies....

So My questions is: how long can i expect for this hiring process to take? Is it possible the hiring manager has changed the decision regarding my consideration as a candidate?

This is really bugging me as I feel I interviewed well and am eager for the opportunity to work for DishNetwork.

What do you all reccomened my next course of follow up be? I don't want to be a nuisance, but I am concerned its taking this long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)