Question about HR20 Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CDutch

Original poster
Jan 5, 2008
First time poster with probably a simple question.

I'm having a tough time figuring out how to get the OTA subchannels to appear in the guide. I've selected the channels in the antenna setup menu and get a good signal but for some reason only the main station (XX-1) will appear.

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can add the subchannels to the guide?

Short answer - you can't. There is no way for you to manually add a channel or scan for them like the plain H20 HD unit can.

Long answer - D* pulls the channel info from a database and sends guide information for what is supposed to be available in your area. It is up to your local station to report what sub channels they have to the company that maintains the database (can't remember their name), they then provide that data to D*. It appears they have not reported the sub channels to the company, therefore it is not included in the guide data that D* has.

I had a problem with my FOX station. It showed up in the guide but would not pull in a signal. At first I thought it was bad guide data but turned out the station did not have their primary/secondary data set correctly in their feed. So even though I had guide data, the HR20 would not display the channel since the data did not match. FOX locally corrected the issue and the channel came in.

You will need to probably contact your local station and ask them to update their channel information with the company that maintains it (sorry, cannot remember the name). Once done, you can try to rerun the OTA setup and see if the sub channels show up.

My NBC station has 3 subs with -4 being a weather channel. It does not show up in the guide but all my other station's subfeeds do. I'm not worried about weather so I have not bothered to call them. I assume they will update it one day.

You need to select your primary OTA by entering your zipcode during setup. You can also enter a secondary zip for a close by community from which you might get OTA signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts