Question about install?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
Installers coming Saturday. Can they mount my new dish on the pole where my Directv dish was? Cables already run and everything. Not to crazy about the roof mount thing.

I would say most likely. From my experience, they like to do as little as possible. That way it saves them money and time plus this would make you happy.

And just to clarify, when I say like to do as little as possible, I mean that in a good way. Why make a cable run if the cable is already there and perfectly working.

As an installer I would have to say "YES"........As long as there is line of site to the 110,119 & 129 satellites. Direct points a little to the left and dish points a little to the right. Go to Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com and enter your address then select 119W Echo 7 then look at 101W Directv8 you will get a general idea of where the dish's are pointed.

The pole that Direct uses if it is a swimline dish will be too big for the Dish polar plate to attach too but there is a pole adapter to fit right on top of it to allow the dish network polar plate to fit nice n snug.
images

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)