Question about last night LAX on NBC-HD....

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Did anyone noticed that LAX on NBC-HD has no dialog, only background music and sound facts????????? or it is just my local station problem........

hzhao said:
Did anyone noticed that LAX on NBC-HD has no dialog, only background music and sound facts????????? or it is just my local station problem........

The music seemed a lot louder then the dialog. I had to keep lowering the volume when it was music only and raise it back up to hear the dialog.

We had the same problem in our theater in the DFW (TX) area. All we had was surround channels, demonstrated how discrete DD5.1 is.

Ended up watching it in our family room.

Steve

I know that was not my receiver problem. Becasue the show before (Las Vegas) and all the commercials are perfectly normal. I will keep eyes on the other show and check other receivers as well.

There's a big thread on AVSForums about it. It looks like for most of the country, the premiere of LAX had no dialogue at all! Quite impressive for NBC/Universal.

Frankly, as much as NBC has been promoting for LAX for the past couple of weeks. I am disappointed about the show so far. I agree with you that we did not miss much :)

My audio and video were okay (SD), about the show I will give it a few more episodes
that first show was too busy and unfocused I assume the producers were trying to cram in as much action as possible, if the stories are more focused it could be ok!!

rcbridge: I'll give it a couple of more views myself.

Note that it's typical for a pilot episode to be as you say - because the show is a sales pitch to the network executives - they're trying to show where the various story lines will be. That being said, this one went way too far. The pilot episode ALSO has to show that the producer and director actually have the capability to do a decent job. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts