question about local channels...can i switch which locals i get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dkh7m

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
i live in an area between richmond and charlottesville va (closer to the latter). when i got dish a couple of years ago, the installers said i could either get the richmond or the c'ville locals. i opted for c'ville since that's where i work. now, i'm reading that richmond is getting HD locals in may. does anyone know if it's possible to call dish and ask to switch from c'ville to richmond locals? i'm not sure if they're on the same satellite, but i seem to recall the installers bickering over which feed they should give me. i think the c'ville sat. is lower in the sky and they were having trouble w/ the line of sight (they were kinda hacks).

i don't think "moving" applies to me, b/c i'm asking about switching from one market i live near to another market i live hear, not lying about my physical address in order to receive HD channels from a market outside my "allowed" area. or are you suggesting that my original installers were going to preemptively "move" me to the richmond locals b/c they were too lazy to find a spot for the dish w/a line of sight for the c'ville sat? b/c given their attitudes, that wouldn't surprise me.

It was possible a few years ago as Dish did not have the best mapping for locals, that has since been rectified. To verify what your local dma should be, go the the DishNetwork site and plug in your physical address and see what they say.

i don't think "moving" applies to me, b/c i'm asking about switching from one market i live near to another market i live hear, not lying about my physical address in order to receive HD channels from a market outside my "allowed" area. or are you suggesting that my original installers were going to preemptively "move" me to the richmond locals b/c they were too lazy to find a spot for the dish w/a line of sight for the c'ville sat? b/c given their attitudes, that wouldn't surprise me.

you can't be in 2 dma's, you are either in Charlottesville, or Richmond not both. Madison, Greene, Orange, Albemarle, and Fluvanna
are in Charlottesville dma. If you are in any other county your in another dma.
Put in your address on Dish web site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)