Question about Local Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

prodiac

Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Turlock, CA
I am a long time cable user, I did have Dish Network for a couple years, but wasn't too happy with it. I recently moved from Southern California (San Diego) to Northern California, losing Cox as my cable provider, having to switch to Charter.

To say the least, I am not happy with the quality of cable service charter provides.

I am missing Charger games now, and pretty disappointed about that.

I am looking in to ordering Directv, and will probably go with the deal from Plasma Concepts right now, for the premier package where you pay for sunday ticket in the first 4 months with free premier package for those 4 months.

My question about local channels though, is .. if I couldn't keep Sunday ticket (money is an issue), and I just wanted to have a regular programming package, would Directv be able to provide me with San Diego local channels instead of what I'd get here, which I assume is Sacramento local channels..?

Is that possible? With Dish, I remember reading someone suggesting to order service, get it installed, then tell them you are moving and switch your service address, but keep the bill coming to the original install address. The server address would be in the area I want to receive local channels from .. I could use the address of a family member to do this possibly.

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

welcome

The spot beams for the San Diego locals likely do not extend as far north to allow reception in your area all you can do is try.

You should also note that once you buy the NFL ST you can't cancel during the season for a refund; so I assume you mean what happens after this season.

You should also note that once you buy the NFL ST you can't cancel during the season for a refund; so I assume you mean what happens after this season.

Yeah, I am under the impression that with the premier deal, you pay 74.99 for 4 months, and that pays for the entire season of NFL ST. Then you don't pay anymore until the next season.

Am I understanding this wrong?

Sunday Ticket is a charge for the season, so after the 4 months you'll just have your base package price.

Next season, if you keep Sunday Ticket, it is usually about $250 for renewal, billed over 5 or 6 months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)