Question about locals

molo316

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 13, 2008
Since dish hasn't fixed WOIO yet, can I call again and tell them I want Youngstown Locals?? Then my OTA can get Cleveland locals, except WOIO?

Since dish hasn't fixed WOIO yet, can I call again and tell them I want Youngstown Locals?? Then my OTA can get Cleveland locals, except WOIO?
You can't just tell E* what locals you want. E* can only give you the locals in your DMA. You would have to "move" to an area that you want locals from. That is, of course, if you are in the spotbeam for the area you want.

It is a dish problem. I posted a tread awhile ago to have people call and complain about it. I have a OTA antenna and can get WKBN cbs. The NFL games, primetime shows look great on WKBN. WOIO looks horrible on dish network. Not focused, blurry etc. WOIO newscasts are the worst. OTA antenna won't lock in WOIO, and WKBN is 39 miles away. I get WKBN with a 67-68 signal.

Dish has to provide locals this way by law. The only exceptions are where counties move from one market to another. In ohio this would only apply to Auglaize and Athens counties that have moved. I think new subs in Athens Country are still getting Charleston Locals on Dish because it recently moved to the Columbus market.
ohio.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)