Question about maps after MR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Has anyone tried to load the Starchoice (Shaw) maps after a MR on the 4D? Does this give you any more satellite tiles over the stock ones? This may be an option for more satellites for a DVB mover after 12/31. If it work's the only thing is I don't think the generics are provided on A1.

Any input from the masses?

No, I haven't even thought of that. But it would sure be worth a look if someone wants to try. If I wasn't so busy helping Anony55_JR with his new house, I'd try it myself.

Cheers

Which 4DTV were you thinking of? 922, 920, 905 or ?
Which satellite & tp has the maps for Shaw?

Any 4DTV will do, 922, 920, 905. Satellite is A1 ku on the 4DTV is F1 I believe. Do a MR and sit there let the Shaw data load and see what satellite tiles it adds. May be an option who knows. :confused:

I am assuming that you are thinking if we do a MR so we can get the programming from W5, then park it on A1 and let it load the maps for the other sats?!
If that works that would solve all of the problems now wouldn't.
Please some one with two receiver...or more give this a shot.
Thanks
Terry

I am assuming that you are thinking if we do a MR so we can get the programming from W5, then park it on A1 and let it load the maps for the other sats?!
Thanks
Terry

I would try it, but I can't see that satellite right now. Waiting for leaves on neighbor's tree to start falling. BTW, when does this usually occur? I thought it happened in the fall. Aren't we in the fall right now? Speaking of MR, I just did one last week for some reason or another. so it's no big deal. Of course it may be a big deal after the 31st of December tho.

Thanks
Terry

You could do it that way or just do it on A1 if your using it as a DVB mover only and had to do a MR. The thing is I don't know of anyone supports the generics or will after 12/31. Stupid Motorola could have made this easy for us one of 2 ways. Either give us a new firmware download that allows manual mapping or support the channel maps and satellite tiles we have now through Comcasts ACC. Our only other line of recourse is the 4Play or some other modification to allow us to get the channels we want that run ITC.

I've become accustomed to experimenting with my commercial DCII receiver in the past couple of months. It's not as easy as sitting back with the remote and surfing through the generics but just as rewarding. I realize not everyone would want to setup and operate such equipment, but for me it's part of the hobby as much as watching TV. I started to compile my own list of coordinates and VCTs and channel numbers for quick reference for a different way of doing things beyond 4D generics.

here is the program sat screen with a MR done on 107.3 w (ku).... no generics:(

Attachments

• DSC01564.JPG
    DSC01564.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 246
There are 2 pages of tiles on the 4dtv maps... I dont remember I1 I2 IK are they new?

Well I'm done, back to our regularly scheduled program! ( literally ):D

Attachments

• DSC01566.JPG
    DSC01566.JPG
    354 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC01567.JPG
    DSC01567.JPG
    334.2 KB · Views: 212
Thanks for doing the test. This shows that at least if we ended up wanting to use the 4D as a DVB mover we can get a few more satellites than stock. Now if Shaw can do this we need to persuade Comcast to do the same plus add the generics.

Last edited:
Here is what I have. I have some old maps and AI added. I need to archive these.

Attachments

• OLDMAPS1.jpg
    OLDMAPS1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 204
  • OLDMAPS2.jpg
    OLDMAPS2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 200
No problem I had some time to spare...

One thing I did notice is that before I did my Master reset I had no guide (not subbed to any thing ever, and mean never! still has a4 firmware)

on shaws maps the guide worked but never showed any thing just "no info" across the board.. (not to shocking)

but after MR to go back to 4dtv maps the guide than worked fully (on 4dtv stuff)

I would think this would be impossible, but I saw it happen......

this is on a GI DSR 922

Maybe Shaw HIT your box and made the guide to work, who knows. Glad things worked out in a positive fashion. :)

here is the program sat screen with a MR done on 107.3 w (ku).... no generics:(

That's 27 tiles from the Canadians... better than what you get after a MR and no additional DLing maps. In fact, 27 is just enough for me if I don't plug in the Mexican or circular birds.

No generics is a little bit of a bummer. But with a DSR-4500X, that's not too bad. The 4-Play & BDM thing may still have legs. But the Canadian option is a nice fall back position for those wanting to keep it simple.

Thanks tvropro for thinking of it... and thanks gardo403 for testing it.

Cheers

Lets hope Comcast HITS can be persuaded to do something for us making use of the original maps we have. Don't HITS give us the maps now on W5 for the 4D data stream ? I'm pretty sure they do so what's the big deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Channel line up OK now

Anyone willing to donate a 4dtv for r&d?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)