Question about my Directv DVR????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sirius05

Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Hi ya'll... I have had directv for a little over a year now. Very, very, very satisfied with directv. Nothing will ever cause me to leave them. Anyways, i noticed on the back of my dvr, there are some in/out puts aswell as a usb port. Is there a way that I can transfer 1, 2 or all of my programs from my dvr to my personal computer to burn onto a dvd so i can watch the show(s) on my personal dvd player? If there is a way, how abouts do i get the equipment, aswell as how much would it be? I have some fav programs/shows of mine on my dvr for almost a year, and i dont want to ever delete them, but save them. So thats why i was wondering if there was a way to do what i mentioned above. Please let me know. Thanks

Buy a DVD recorder and use one of the D* STBs analog audio/video outs to the DVD recorders av/ins, hit play on the DVR, then hit record on the dvd recorder.

Buy a DVD recorder and use one of the D* STBs analog audio/video outs to the DVD recorders av/ins, hit play on the DVR, then hit record on the dvd recorder.

So i couldnt just connect a usb from my computer to my dvr and my computer would recognize it and so i can download it to my computer and then burn it on a dvd? wouldnt that work?

So i couldnt just connect a usb from my computer to my dvr and my computer would recognize it and so i can download it to my computer and then burn it on a dvd? wouldnt that work?

No[*]. Even if the USB had that functionality (which it does not), it is likely, it would not allow one to transfer, intact, digital content to digital media (see the DMCA) without having to either go through some purchasing process to unlock the DRM/BroadCast flag, along with a hardware/firmware requirment that all digital destination (recorder) devices abided by the DRM/BC flag (meaning one would have to break the DRM/BC, which is illegal), it is also probably one of the reasons why the USB port is non-functional in D* units.

[*]: There are ways if you are handy with Linux and not afraid to read, but that is both beyond the scope of this post, and probably against the rules, since it could be lllegal, depending on the content being copied of course.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

OK all you dtv pros

No HD in FOX KTXL Sacramento

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)