Question about my H20 Tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gclipse

Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Are the H20 Tuners able to be used as a Cable HD converter? My Local Cable Network ( City Owned) broadcasts the local networks in HD as part of there Basic Package. So basically as long as i have a HD tuner i'm able to get ABC, NBC, etc etc... We Have 5 42"+ plasmas in my Bar but only 2 of them have built in Tuners and we only have one dedicated HD tuner. Every TV is connected to a H20 DTV Tuner at this time. If this is confusing at all let me know and i'll try to re-explain.

Basically, can i plug my coax from my cable in to an H20 to view the HD coming through it?

Thanks in advance.

Are the H20 Tuners able to be used as a Cable HD converter? My Local Cable Network ( City Owned) broadcasts the local networks in HD as part of there Basic Package. So basically as long as i have a HD tuner i'm able to get ABC, NBC, etc etc... We Have 5 42"+ plasmas in my Bar but only 2 of them have built in Tuners and we only have one dedicated HD tuner. Every TV is connected to a H20 DTV Tuner at this time. If this is confusing at all let me know and i'll try to re-explain.

Basically, can i plug my coax from my cable in to an H20 to view the HD coming through it?

Thanks in advance.

To answer your MAIN question :
can i plug my coax from my cable in to an H20 to view the HD coming through it?

NO
the D* rec's can encode D* signals and DTV (digital OTA ) only.

There are some that work in the distribution of video thru out bars and that type of situation here on the forums , they may be able to direct you as to a better way to handle your bar set up.

I'm sure they will pop in to help you if you need it.

Jimbo

Why can't you hook up an OTA antenna to each of the H20 receivers to get your locals in HD? Even if you cannot get an antenna on a roof, you may be suprised what signal you can pull in using a square shooter inside (I have mine in the garage and it pulls all of the digital locals just fine).

Why can't you hook up an OTA antenna to each of the H20 receivers to get your locals in HD? Even if you cannot get an antenna on a roof, you may be suprised what signal you can pull in using a square shooter inside (I have mine in the garage and it pulls all of the digital locals just fine).

Provided he has OTA channels available to him, Yes he should be able to do that quite easily with a wide variety of antenna, indoors or outdoors.
Outdoors are always better, but not always practical.

Jimbo

I can probably get a couple of them with an Antenna. I live in mountainous country and the bar is in a couple shadows that don't allow me to receive everything. So an Antenna is less of a choice. A few of my TV's have built in tuners (3) but the other 2 are just Plasma Monitors. I don't really want to buy a couple of just regular HD tuners but i've been looking at the Samsung tuners at Circuit City for $189 each.

Thanks for the help.

G

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mpeg 4 and new to Direct TV

Ovation 274

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)