Question about my Iphone.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I've had my Iphone for about 3 months now, I have a question, I downloaded (bought) bunch of songs off Itunes, lets say something happens to my Iphone and I have to reformat, will I be able to automatically transfer all my song purchases to my reformatted Iphone?
Does that same thing applies for Apps?

Thanks in advance :).

Ah ok! I do sync it with iTunes but for some reason the songs I purchased are not showing on my iTunes thing on my computer. Can you guys see yours?

Also I don't have to burn the song on a disc right? I just transferred all purchases on iTunes.

Ah ok! I do sync it with iTunes but for some reason the songs I purchased are not showing on my iTunes thing on my computer. Can you guys see yours?

My iPhone syncs my purchases apps and music to my iTunes library with no issues. I see them in my playlist after a sync.

Also I don't have to burn the song on a disc right? I just transferred all purchases on iTunes.

I do this about twice a year or after a huge purchase just to protect my investment in the music. You never know when your dive will fail and you lose all of them. Don't forget that your iPhone is not a backup as if you reinstall your OS and iTunes it will wipe your phone as it thinks it is syncing to a new computer.

The other option is when you're in iTunes, right click on your iPhone in the left column and select transfer purchases. This will copy over any purchases made without having to go through the whole back-up/sync process.

That would be useless if something happened to my PC.

If you computer did crash then you would just transfer/sync your iPhone with your iTunes library and put everything back on your PC. Same would go the other way around.

If both your computer and your iPhone crash then you will have got to be the most unluckiest person alive....... and screwed for not backing up your hard drive.

If you computer did crash then you would just transfer/sync your iPhone with your iTunes library and put everything back on your PC. Same would go the other way around.

If both your computer and your iPhone crash then you will have got to be the most unluckiest person alive....... and screwed for not backing up your hard drive.

The problem is that iPhone and iPods don't allow you to sync with multi machines. If you machine crashed and you restarted the sync with a rebuilt one it only transfer your purchased music back down. I guess I look at the big picture and I would not want to retransfer all of my music to iTunes if I needed to. Much easier to just copy the files then rip all the CD's again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)