question about "Neighboring local channels"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfecarter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2006
Connecticut
I live in New Haven County right near the Fairfield County line. So I get 8 local CT chs. in HD and in addition they throw in 3 "neighboring local channels" from NYC. Why can't they give me the 3 NY locals Chs. 2,4,5 in HD, as it stands now they are only coming in SD...thanks! Do you think they can technologically turn them on in HD for me if I call them?

For whatever reason, the neighboring local channels, or significantly viewed channels, are only available in sd. Asking for them in hd won't help.

Thanks for your info. Well, you'd think it would just be a matter of time before they phased out SD locals entirely whether they be primary or secondary chs. So maybe someday in the not too distant future we'll turn on the tv and find em in HD...

So I take it you aren't really in Bethel since it's in Fairfield county and you would be getting NYC locals in hd.

Seems sort of unfair that you can get both CT and NYC channels as neighbors, but I am stuck with Washington when I am actually closer to Baltimore. Also WHAG in Hagerstown in considered as part of the Washington market, but not available to me. I know what the FCC says, but some time reason has to take over.

When I had a neighboring local it was in HD (only local in the market)....but now that I moved back home its kinda moot as I no longer get that extra CBS

People in Danville/Martinsville, VA get their SV in HD, as do those Brattleboro, VT. Those examples are far and few between. SD SV is quite stupid, IMO, since Directv already has the HD version available to those in the true DMA!

Sounds like all of you need AM21s!

I wish it was that easy. I have tried that and the signal is not strong enough where I live. I have spent more money then I like to admit on various means to receive Baltimore locals. The only alternative seems to be cable. It is funny that Frederick County is considered to be in the Ravens marketing area NOT THE REDSKINS and I can not get Raven games some Sundays without Sunday Ticket. I still believe that DTV could do something about areas like mine without breaking the law. I do not want to MOVE as I feel that I would be doing something illegal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts