Question about possibly overcoming the TV blackouts on ESPN....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alienreb

Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Overcoming the TV blackouts on ESPN....

I have a question for those of you gurus that have NFL Sunday ticket/ESPN Gameplan or the online version of ESPN Gameplan. Here's the situation:

I desperately want to watch a certain college football game this weekend, but apparantly the game will be blacked out on ESPN Gameplan for my local state. However, I have relatives that live in adjoining states which got me to thinking about something. Would it be possible for me to get one of my out-of-state relatives to purchase ESPN Gameplan (online version would be easiest) using their own non-blackout billing address and then give me their login information so I could see the game on my computer in the blackout state I live in? Correct me if I'm wrong but packages like Fullcourt, Gameplan, and Sunday ticket go by the billing address to designate blackout rules, right? Seems like ESPN would use that as a means of determining blackout rules.

Thanks for any help you can give me. Me and the gang couldn't make the game this weekend because it's being played halfway across the USA, and now we're scrambling to find some way to watch the game. It seems plausible that this method should work since it's a simple login/password being issued for a billing address, but I'd like some insight from those of you that might know ANYTHING about this. Many thanks for any advice you can give.

-Alienreb

Blackouts are determined by zip code.

If the game is blacked out in your area on GamePlan then it is being shown on a local station or on PPV. Watching that would be the easiest solution.

Your family could buy the weekend and pass the logon to you, whether this is legal or not is another question.

BTW, you should have posted this in your providers forum or Technical Talk forum. That would have led to quicker and more responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts