Question about programming true south satellite into asc 1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmc98

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 11, 2005
32.750N 97.488W Fort worth Tx
When programing satellite positions into the asc 1 does my true south satellite of 97w need to be programmed as #1 or not ?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Usually motor position #1 is on the East or West end of your arc. The order and number assignment is up to the user or preassigned in the STB. There is no special DiSEqC 1.2 number assignment for the true south satellite.

If you are going to use a STB to automatically control the ASC1, the DiSEqC 1.2 motor assignment number will match the ASC1 motor position number. Sometimes the STB DiSEqC 1.2 motor number can be user assigned, but on some STBs the position is automatically assigned.

Reactions: jmc98 and KE4EST
Usually motor position #1 is on the East or West end of your arc. The order and number assignment is up to the user or preassigned in the STB. There is no special DiSEqC 1.2 number assignment for the true south satellite.

If you are going to use a STB to automatically control the ASC1, the DiSEqC 1.2 motor assignment number will match the ASC1 motor position number. Sometimes the STB DiSEqC 1.2 motor number can be user assigned, but on some STBs the position is automatically assigned.
Thank you that's what I needed to know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)