Question about refer a friend????

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rapidturtle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
North Eastern PA
I am switching from Dish, and was pricing out my setup on the D* site. I asked the chat rep a couple of questions, and one was about refer a friend. He claimed that I might not receive all of the discounts if I signed up using the referral. Is this true??

I am switching from Dish, and was pricing out my setup on the D* site. I asked the chat rep a couple of questions, and one was about refer a friend. He claimed that I might not receive all of the discounts if I signed up using the referral. Is this true??

You'll get them, but you HAVE to order thru the Refer a Friend phone number.
OR, order your package and call back after wards and tell them you forgot about it, but that doesn't always work.

You'll need your friends Account number.

I just singed up with refer a friend and got that discount, plus all the discounts on the website for new customers.

That is a bunch of bull ****. The bottom line is retailers are back charged $75 for refer a friend & it never takes away from the discounts you receive. Sales people who have their commissions affected by refer a friend will tell you anything not to use it. When entering a sales order the form asks for the referring friends account #, anything other is a no go. Try back again & let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the replies. I just signed up online, on the refer a friend site, and opened up another browser, and did an order without it. I got all of the discounts on the refer a friend site that were on the regular site, plus the extra $10 off, so all worked out well.
I don't really understand why the chat guy on the site said that I wouldn't get all of the discounts. It scares me a little bit about D* practices, but they are pretty much my only choice now that Dish has dropped AMC, and all of my RSN's. We have Cablevision here, and they still don't carry the NFL network, so they are out for me.
Anyway, my install is in 2 weeks, and I am pretty excited about getting the HR34. I can't wait to check it out.

I switched to directv 2 weeks ago and I also used the refer a friend thru the website. I got my first bill and it was not on there I called customer service and they fixed it. The hr-34 is the absolute greatest thing I have ever had. The hd picture is sooo incredible that I cannot believe it. I am very very happy with everything, the only thing is as you stated in your original post, you kind of feel like you have to be a little careful of the csr reps, it is just this feeling that you get, like they are kind of out to get you or something. I don't know, that is just a feeling I get and maybe it is all in my head. So far I am so impressed with hr34 and all the cool things you can do with directv, I am very happy I switched! I am just pissed I waited so long to switch to directv, I wish I would have done it years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)