Question about remotes for a DVR-625

GB2732

Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
I had a DVR625 and a 311 installed yesterday in a two room setup. The installer did a great job except for the fact that I had ordered a three room setup and he didn't have the third receiver. He told me that all I had to do was call E* and order another 311 and someone would come back and install it.

However, after he finished I didn't see the UHF remote so I asked him where it was. He removed it from his pocket and told me that since I had installed the 625 on a single TV, I couldn't have it. He said the only way he could leave it with me, was if he had done a three room install, using the 625 to control two rooms.

Anyway, after he left, I called E* to ask for another receiver for the third room and was told that the 625 was deemed to be 2 rooms whether it was installed on one TV or two. They also said that the additional 311 would actually make it a four room install and that I would billed exactly the same with either setup. (whether the 625 was used for one room or two)

Now it appears that the UHF remote should have been left with me after all.

Am I right? I think I can run this guy down if I am.

I just spoke with the installer's company CSR. She confirmed that the remote was mine and was shocked that the installer would take it. She is going to notify the district supervisor and told me that he would absolutely bring it back and they would follow-up to be sure it was returned.

Thank you boba for confirming my suspicion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)