question about returning to directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bgreenage

Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
philadelphia pa
I left Directv as they don't have Comcast sports net Philadelphia. The storage space on the HDD is really small. The user inter face is terrible. The program guide is really poor. I am really sorry I made this change. The Comcast installer cut the Directv cables to use to install his box. ( Maybe so I couldn't go back to Directv so easily). Anyway if I go back now ( one week since cancellation ) will I be considered a new customer. Or, will I go back as a current customer. I still have the receivers. Will I have to sign a new two year contract ?

I left Directv as they don't have Comcast sports net Philadelphia. The storage space on the HDD is really small. The user inter face is terrible. The program guide is really poor. I am really sorry I made this change. The Comcast installer cut the Directv cables to use to install his box. ( Maybe so I couldn't go back to Directv so easily). Anyway if I go back now ( one week since cancellation ) will I be considered a new customer. Or, will I go back as a current customer. I still have the receivers. Will I have to sign a new two year contract ?

Just wait about a month, you will be getting some great offers in the mail from DirecTV to come back to them, much better then the new customer deals.

I left them about a year ago and would go back based on the deals they are offering, but I won't do it until they add AMC and BBC in HD.

call Directv and see what they say. Since you have the equipment still maybe they can reactivate the account. The issue is the cut cables. Wonder if they'd send a tech out to fix it

I know people have posted here before that in the same situation and same time frame DirecTV has just picked up were they left off as if they never left. I don't know if they'd charge for service call to get you hooked up again though. It's probably true that if you wait awhile they'll be sending you offers to come back, but if you don't want to wait you might be able to get the same deal now. As Iceberg said, the best thing is to call them.

I'd be calling the cable company and complaining about the cables that are yours that were cut.

Cancelled my account to switch to Comcrap (wife's idea). Didn't work out. Long frustrating story. But it was a big Comcast snafu. That was last week. I reactivated my D* account couple of days ago with the same package (premier). Here's what I got: three months free movie channels, no charge whole home dvr, updated one sd receiver to hd for free, replace the dish which broke during a nasty storm in the sf bay area. So, it's $66.99 for the first three months then $111.99 for 4th through the 13th month. Then it reverts to the regular pricing of $142.99. The set-up also includes the ability to download on demand programming, supposedly for free. The 111.99/month includes a rebate of $31 something per month for the first 12 months. I'll save a few bucks during the first year compared to what I was paying previously. Reinstall is tomorrow morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that the tech will install what was promised. And yes, I'm back to the 2 year cycle. *sigh*.

Well, after your brief experience with Comcast, I've got a feeling that you are aren't planning on going anyplace again soon anyway so the two years won't matter. Glad it worked out for you.

Lesson learned: Don't listen to wife (all the time). I'm quite satisfied with D*. My only gripe is its tardiness in adding more hd channels. So, barring any unforeseen event, I think I'll be with D* for a long while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts