Iceberg may be right about gremlins in my HR24!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
I was watching the military channel. Decided to watch a movie on BD, turn off the sat receiver and watched my movie. Two hours later I switch my tv back to the sat input and there is the military channel in a pinkish color with no audio and the HR24 is still off! Do I need to call Ghostbusters?

No but you might want to check your cables. I'm guessing you are using components and one is a little loose.

No I'm using HDMI. But the HR24 wasn't on, so how can I watch the military channel?

Do you have more than one HDMI input option on your TV ?
Try removing the HDMI connection on both ends and try a different output IF you have that option and see what happens.

Last edited:
I have. But I don't see how there can be a picture without the receiver being on.

Probably a bad connection in the box, just a guess.

The outputs should turn OFF when the on/off button is changed.
Remember, on a DVR, it is never REALLY OFF, as it is responsible for keeping a buffer of whats on TV on the channel your on, incase you decide to turn the TV on and want to watch what was on while it was off, you have a 45 minute buffer always running.

The only thing that gets actually turned off is the front panel and suppose to be the output as well, you would think.

Sounds like an electronic chip gone bad somewhere.

I had forgotten about the buffer. Having been an E* guy for a long time..... It does other weird things like the interrupted feed I mentioned in another thread or losing the signal quite often.

I had forgotten about the buffer. Having been an E* guy for a long time..... It does other weird things like the interrupted feed I mentioned in another thread or losing the signal quite often.

I think you might want to give D* a call and inquire about it, they will want to go thru the usual tests ....
Can you get any of these issues to happen regularly, so some one could actually see it if they were there ?

No the problems aren't regular. I have the Directv techs cell # so I guess I could call him directly. I just don't want people to think I'm some kind of kook.

No the problems aren't regular. I have the Directv techs cell # so I guess I could call him directly. I just don't want people to think I'm some kind of kook.

The installer would rather you call him and he come out than you call D* and have them send someone out.

We already think that, but then, everyone here is a bit of an oddball! :eek: :D

On occasion some TVs connected via HDMI lose signal from one of the three primary colors. I've seen screens with a pink hue. I'm not sure why this happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)