Question about signal strength(again)

bobrap

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Estill Springs, TN
I was wondering if my signal strength is in the norm. I have a 622 with the dish 1000. On a cloudy/rainy day 110=62, 119-93, 129=55. These are from today, clouds and rain. As soon as it starts to rain, HD starts going south. On cear days my signal strebghths are in the high 90's IIRC. Just wondering if another sat readjustment is in order or is this the norm.:confused:

110 and 129 are very low, specially 110. If you just had the system installed, called and complained about low signal and tell them you lose the signal everytime it rains. They should send someone to peak the dish.

Thanks. The sun is shining and I checked again: 110=83, 119-103, 129=82. Guess I'll give the local installer a call today.

Last edited:
I had a DishMover install a few months ago and the signal was terrible afterward. It would drop out on a clear day. So I called E* and they sent someone out a few days later. The guy ended up ripping out what the original installer had done and redid everything. But now my signal is great. Only in very strong storms does it drop out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)