Question about Sirius in new car

colingibb

Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
Indiana
I just got off the phone with Sirius Radio -- my RAM came with a 12 month prepaid subscription to Sirius -- I was trying to find out if I can create an account online, and also if I can switch the device (if I upgraded my Head Unit). She told me that not only can I not log on to the Sirius website to add devices, manage the account, etc., but there is also no way of transferring the subscription to another device.

Now, I'm a little puzzled, because in my Ram User Manual, it says the following:

"Sirius Satellite Radio service is pre-activated, and you may begin listening immediately to the one year of audio service that is included with the factory-installed radio system in your vehicle Sirius will supply a welcome kit that contains general information, including how to setup your on-line listening account at no additional charge. For further information, call the toll-free number 888-539-7474, or visit the Sirius web site at <url blocked>"

That seems very different that what the Sirius rep told me -- has anyone been able to create an online Sirius account? Or has anyone been able to upgrade the H/U and transfer the pre-paid sirius account?

Thanks!

When I bought my Ford in 2007 I just called, and gave them the ESN of the radio, and they helped me create the online account I still have.

I think it's time for you to play our favorite game show, CSR Roulette.

What you write above doesn't smell or even taste right.

(but mine was Pre-Merger, and heaven only knows what the idiots in NY are doing).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts