question about something on my mind

Was cleaning some space on my hard drive on my laptop and found this which explains this better.

Whole-Home music available directly from Hopper and Joey

Already known as a whole-home DVR, the Hopper is evolving into a whole-home music system to provide a complete, room-to-room entertainment experience. DISH is announcing an update that will turn Hoppers and Joeys into music streaming “zones” that are controllable from a new Android or iOS smartphone app. The app will enable users to select content from popular streaming sources such as iHeartRadio, Pandora and TuneIn, as well as their personal library. Using the app, they can choose to sync the same music across rooms, or play different content in each zone. The whole-home music feature can also be controlled directly from an app on the Hopper and Joeys.

“Our customers listen to streaming music on their smartphones and tablets all the time, but the best speakers and soundbars in the house are often connected to the TV,” said Khemka. “By adding streaming music capabilities to the Hopper, we are giving consumers a music experience that rivals pricey whole-home retail solutions, at no additional cost to them.”

Whole-home music will be available on Hopper and Joey during the summer.

I suspect the audio from my system, using Oppo to AVR to speakers, would sound better than thru the Hopper.

Maybe I'm wrong about the previous, and this will be a convenience.

They don't actually say my CDs, DVD-As, SACDs or BD music can be somehow ripped to the Hopper, so I'd need a source- perhaps the standard "from the PC" which frankly isn't the best quality.

This was originally announced some summers ago, no?

can you select using the hopper and use tunein for example to listen in my bedroom and also in my computer room i do not have a smartphone what in that article scott.

i thought we are suppose to get vevo real soon thanks i rather have tunein on my hws so i can listen to alot of other bluegrass stations i did buy a roku anyone how to do bluetooth a roku can help me out thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts