Question about Sony KP51WS520 TV

country7922

Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I have a sony KP51WS520 rear projection TV, and up until a few days ago it was working fine, but now it is doing some funky stuff. I have a Direct TV HD box, that appears to be working correctly. I have it hooked up to the TV with an HDMI cable. All channels look crisp and clear and there is a distinct difference between the HD channels and the others. I also have a Sony upconverting DVD player, and have a HDMI splitter box so I can switch back and forth betweeen TV and DVD. When I switch to the DVD player, the screen know just flashes once every 8 seconds or so. I thought it might be the splitter box so I seperated that, tried different cables and replaced the dvd player (through the warranty). Like I said everything was working fine till a few days ago. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Please forgive if I posted in the wrong place. Thanks, Country7922

Are both of your sources outputting at the same resolution? I have had problems in the past with switching between sources with different resolution, usually fixed by cycling power on the TV.

I have tried that as well, the wierd thing is is that the DVD player has an HDMI interface light on the front of the unit and it has not light up since the problem started a few days ago on either unit. There is a little HDMI curcuit board that plugs into the main cuircuit board of the TV, does anyone think it needs to, or has anyone had to replace this?

The original was a six foot cord, but I tried a two foot chord to check to see if the chord was bad or it was my DVD player.

If it is the HDMI board any idea where I can get a new one?