New adult IPTV service

mike1973

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 22, 2004
Rochester, NY
I was recently selected as a beta tester for a fyretv.com (I haven't signed a NDA yet so I figure I can say it!) With the impending demise of ITVN I'm curious to see what its all about. Seems to be more ppv oriented but I don't know much about it yet. It uses a box just like ITVN. I'm going to try to contact them to see if they will let me write a review here while its still in the beta period. I think they are still taking applications for beta testers btw.

I got my letter as well, now I am just waiting for the URL to finish my signup. :)

I don't know whats up with ITVN, they should have pulled the plug already, however they are still kicking (although the Stars / Encore channels are STILL just black screens)

I am excited about this new device, I may give it a try just to see how it works and everything.

The way it works (at least the way I have heard it) is you p ay $10 a month for the service. That base $10 amount includes a small amount of minutes where you watch anything on the service, after you run ou of minutes you are charged per minute for the movie you want to see or you can buy the movie.

The way it works (at least the way I have heard it) is you p ay $10 a month for the service. That base $10 amount includes a small amount of minutes where you watch anything on the service, after you run ou of minutes you are charged per minute for the movie you want to see or you can buy the movie.

Ah PPM.
Bummer, it will get expensive then.

Yeah thats kind of a bummer. Interesting to see what the per minute charge will be.

Payment plan for fyretv.com

I've been talking to the CEO of fyretv.com. Really cool guy. He left a comment on gizmodo regarding a price structure.

BY ESTEFANO AT 12/14/07 09:45 PM
All I have to say is... WOW... I wasn't expecting to see this, but it is VERY VERY cool to see the feedback that my baby is getting.
Ok, for those of you who want a sneak peek into the product pricing here it goes…
The product will be priced very much like cable television, it will have a very low monthly recurring ($9.99) which will allow you to watch any content in the system for "X" amount of minutes; you can purchase additional minutes to continue watching. You will also be able to rent movies that you will be able to playback in the system unlimited time; and last but not least you will be able to buy "premium packages" that will range from 14.99 to 29.99 to watch a particular content houses movies without limit.
Quality? If you have 1.5mbps you can watch full DVD quality; we also offer lower qualities in the event that your internet quality degrades.
How much content? Hmmm, A LOT, we have currently secured around 10,000 movie titles, however we will be releasing only around 1000-2000 for the beta testers (which will have free access to the system and all its movies for as long as the test runs)

I've been talking to the CEO of fyretv.com. Really cool guy. He left a comment on gizmodo regarding a price structure.

BY ESTEFANO AT 12/14/07 09:45 PM
All I have to say is... WOW... I wasn't expecting to see this, but it is VERY VERY cool to see the feedback that my baby is getting.
Ok, for those of you who want a sneak peek into the product pricing here it goes…
The product will be priced very much like cable television, it will have a very low monthly recurring ($9.99) which will allow you to watch any content in the system for "X" amount of minutes; you can purchase additional minutes to continue watching. You will also be able to rent movies that you will be able to playback in the system unlimited time; and last but not least you will be able to buy "premium packages" that will range from 14.99 to 29.99 to watch a particular content houses movies without limit.
Quality? If you have 1.5mbps you can watch full DVD quality; we also offer lower qualities in the event that your internet quality degrades.
How much content? Hmmm, A LOT, we have currently secured around 10,000 movie titles, however we will be releasing only around 1000-2000 for the beta testers (which will have free access to the system and all its movies for as long as the test runs)

Thats a bit more realistic. I would pay $14-$20/month for good content. The problem with ITVN was that so much of the content repeated, it just wasn't worth $30/month. I got in on the $99 for a year ebay deal a while back so that made it worthwhile.
Tell the owner about satelliteguys and invite him over here to tell us about it!

I have read that it was adult content that pushed forward and commercialized virtually every multimedia part of the internet, whether it be audio, video, still pictures, etc, etc.

I believe it. It's the one sort of content that is almost universally in demand, and the internet allows people to receive adult content without having to visit specialty stores or receiving suspicious packages in the mail.

Thats a bit more realistic. I would pay $14-$20/month for good content. The problem with ITVN was that so much of the content repeated, it just wasn't worth $30/month. I got in on the $99 for a year ebay deal a while back so that made it worthwhile.
Tell the owner about satelliteguys and invite him over here to tell us about it!

I sent Estefano a message about satelliteguys.us and this thread. We'll see if he comes in. I'm sure he's pretty busy.

James

Hello from FyreTV.com

Hi! James recently contacted me letting me know that a new thread had opened about FyreTV.com.

To answer some of the questions you have posted here...

The BASE price is $9.99, this will include around 100 minutes for you to watch ANYTHING you want on the system (around 20,000 movies)

After you have used up the your minutes you can either buy more minutes, buy a movie or subscribe to an unlimited package.

Minutes will be priced around anywhere from $0.10 to $0.30 (depending on how much you buy at any one time); minutes roll-over and never expire.

Movies will can be purchased on the system for $4.99 to $19.99 (depending on the content house and how recent the movie is); you can also buy individual scenes from a movies at lower prices.

Unlimited packages will follow the CONTENT HOUSE, in other words you can buy the WICKED PICTURES unlimited package, or the RED LIGHT DISTRICT unlimited package, etc. these packages will be priced from $9.99 to $25.99 (depending on the amount of movies and the content house)

Some cool things about the system...

We have structured our agreements with the content houses so that we get movies BEFORE they are released on DVD! How cool is to be able to watch a movie on the system BEFORE they hit the shelf at your local store!

We have tryed to create a pricing structure so that it fits most of our users... casual user will probably be able to get by on the 100 minutes they get with the base package, while more avid user might want to buy an unlimited package...

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here and ill be checking the forums at least once a day.

Estefano Isaias, CEO and Founder of FyreTV.com

Hi! James recently contacted me letting me know that a new thread had opened about FyreTV.com.

<SNIP>

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here and ill be checking the forums at least once a day.

Estefano Isaias, CEO and Founder of FyreTV.com

Great! I signed up for the beta test last week. There's an extra set of inputs on the TV and an extra port on the switch by the TV waiting for some testing. ;)

I'm sure the group of techie Satelliteguys here along with us on the staff here and significant others of course can give the unit a work out! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts