Question about temporarily disconnecting equipment...

york4311

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
USA
We are remodeling our family room and I need to clear out all the electronic equipment. Thus, I'm going to be unplugging and disconnecting the Dish 722k DVR for about a week or so.

Are they going to put some kind of block on my device since it woun't be connected via phone or lan for the week? Or will it just work when I hook it back up?

I called Dish, but the CSR didn't know much.

I don't think there would be a problem if its only disconnected for a week. I'd probably do a live chat with a CSR and have them put a note on your account.

Hit you with what? I've definitely left my 625 unplugged for a couple of weeks and gotten hit with the dual-tuner receiver fee... The fix for that stupidity, until I got my cabling act together, was to hook it up to power and phone. ;)

Ditto, I have a 622 in a remote area of my house and I drag a phone line out to it every 2-3 weeks and I have been avoiding the fee. I always intend to do the phone line and call outs weekly but never keep it that punctual. To the OP, a week is nothing to fret over.

Acer

If the 722k isn't the only receiver on your account, You could always take the 722k receiver off of your account for a week and then re add it later once you are ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts