Question about the new DHP configurations.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ace

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
San Jose, Ca.
Do we really have to stick to these configurations or will we be able to choose slightly modified ones? I have 4 TV's and would really like the 811/522/322 set up listed for 5 TV's. Could I possible get the latter one for 4 TV's? Thoughts? :|

I think the 'number of TVs' is just a general guide to selecting the proper package. I don't think Dish cares how many TVs you have (i.e. you could have NO TVs and Dish will sell you one of those packages!). Order the package you want and go with that.

I would think they would want to give each of these packages some kind of name or ID for reference.

Your query also brings up a point as to why the "Number of TVs" should only be used as a rough guideline- the dual-tuner 522s and 322s can be used in PIP (Picture-In-Picture) mode (if I understand what I have read in these forums correctly), thus someone might want to run a 522 or 322 that way all of the time and thus you would count only 1 TV per two-tuner receiver.

Another thing I just noticed... the 322 pricing and the 522 pricing are the same - why would anyone not want a DVR via these plans?

I noticed a $5.00 per box fee on the lease. Does this include the mirror fee or will it end up being in addition to the mirror fee?

mikew said:
I noticed a $5.00 per box fee on the lease. Does this include the mirror fee or will it end up being in addition to the mirror fee?

None of the pricing on that sheet has anything to do with programming costs - it is only for equipment, so any programming is on top of the numbers shown.

It is widely believed that the 322 and 522 will count as 'one box' in terms of figuring them as an additonal receiver on your monthly programming bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)