Question about tree interference please

texansgal8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
san antonio tx
I have a question please. Does anyone have their Voom dish in the way of any tress at all and still get a good signal?? Iam asking this because iam concerned when the summer is here and the trees start to bloom, i may have one tree in the way and i'm not sure if it might interfer with my voom signal.

texansgal8 said:
I have a question please. Does anyone have their Voom dish in the way of any tress at all and still get a good signal?? Iam asking this because iam concerned when the summer is here and the trees start to bloom, i may have one tree in the way and i'm not sure if it might interfer with my voom signal.

yes more than likely it will interfer with you signal once they bloom if it point into the trees now.

TYORK said:
yes more than likely it will interfer with you signal once they bloom if it point into the trees now.

That could be VERY depressing...The installer said he pointed the dish right in between the trees to miss them but could not be sure how much they would bloom to interfer. That is why i was once told D* would be better for me due to the satellite in the opposite direction where no trees are for me. I guess i'll have to see.

Couch Patato said:
Now is the time you start negotiations with your neighbor to alow for some tree trimming.:D

Unfortunately i live in an apartment complex, LOL...I already conned the maintaince man into trimming the trees to the max when the installers came out without him knowing why. It looks like it is pointed right in between so iam hoping if they bloom somewhat in that area i will still get a signal. Right now my signal is 96-97 with all the clutter around.

We had this issue when our first installer (a bad experience, so had to have a second installer finish the job) ASSURED us that, once the leaves came out, the LOS would still be 5' above the tree line. We asked him this twice, mainly because he did not install the dish where he originally planned according to his first site survey visit.

The second installer did not move the dish either.

What are our options if, when the leaves come out, we find the first installer was incorrect and misleading? Especially since he didi not install it in the first location he chose, which, from our view, should have cleared the trees?

He was adamantly against VOOM, determined to "fail" the iinstallation--which he succeeded in doing since the receiver was not operable and he actually left with a smile on his face. We did not have him back, obviously, so the second installer was left with his botched job--but salvaged it with a new receiver.

Who is going to be responsible for this botched install if tree leaves are in the way?

VOOM/Installs, Inc., bookwalk.

bookwalk said:
We had this issue when our first installer (a bad experience, so had to have a second installer finish the job) ASSURED us that, once the leaves came out, the LOS would still be 5' above the tree line. We asked him this twice, mainly because he did not install the dish where he originally planned according to his first site survey visit.

The second installer did not move the dish either.

What are our options if, when the leaves come out, we find the first installer was incorrect and misleading? Especially since he didi not install it in the first location he chose, which, from our view, should have cleared the trees?

He was adamantly against VOOM, determined to "fail" the iinstallation--which he succeeded in doing since the receiver was not operable and he actually left with a smile on his face. We did not have him back, obviously, so the second installer was left with his botched job--but salvaged it with a new receiver.

Who is going to be responsible for this botched install if tree leaves are in the way?

I see a cloud, I see a cloud! while enjoying HDTV in Seattle, Gill

amazing still there

Alot of the time it looks like you are going to be blocked by trees but voom is high enuff if you have 90+ signal more than likely you want have a problem. The signal actually comes in at about a sixty degree angle of the top of your dish.Remeber the pan of the dish is a curved mirror for the lnb so it can be tricky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)