Question about upgrading old receivers

gmitchell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Southeast Ohio
Yesterday I chatted with a E* CSR on line and asked that since I just added a 211 to my account (leased) and did not DIU if I could now upgrade either my 1000 or 4000 receiver. I was told no, and that I would have to buy a receiver or wait a year to upgrade. While I have had these receivers for almost 10 years without a problem they are old and the new software and hardware updates would be nice to have.

I told them that I would wait a year or just move over to D* (not really but wanted to see what they would say) the CSR told me to call the E* number and they would see if they could waiver the year wait....... Anyone what to guess what the outcome of that call will be?:confused:

Actually "lease" is only done through DIU, which only allows one upgrade per 12 months. You could have probably gotten two receivers on the one lease instead of trying to get second one right after the first. I also do not think you can move over to Direct as easily as you may think you can unless you opted out of the commitment when you upgraded (usually an 18 month period) unless you pay the penalty of $13.33 per month for each month left on your commitment. You may be able to get another upgrade by e-mail explaining your desire to replace a very old piece of equipment to the corporate office at ceo@dishnetwork.com (I think this is the e-mail, I'm sure someone will correct me should I be wrong). Make sure you include the model numbers and how long you have been a Dish customer. Talking to a csr or their department heads will probably not get you anywhere.

Ask for the "like new" promotion, they sell you a recdeiver for 69 bucks installed OR ship you purchased dvrs for 29 dllrs(i think 1 dvr only tho) or 79 dllrs installed. They will transfer you to someone who can set it up. Its not DIU and no commit, its purchased equip. I think it expires jan 31st!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts