Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got this in my inbox, I guess it means if your canceling Dish because of no WWE HD on USA HD and SCIFI HD to keep your Dish equipment still hooked so you can shop from the shopping channels. :)

I notice that QVC is missing from this list.

SHOPPING CHANNELS MOVING TO FREE ACCESS

Effective Wednesday, January 16 @ 7PM ET,
the following Shopping Channels will be moved into "Free Access"

Channel Satellite Call Letters
84 119 HSN
85 110 SRN
104 119 SRI
216 110 C&T
217 119 DISH
218 110 TJC
219 110 ALIVE
220 110 SLTV
221 110 LSHOP
222 119 HSN
223 110 SRN
224 119 SHOP
226 110 GEMTV
227 110 JTV
228 119 SHNBC
229 110 GEMS
883 110 SLTV

woo hoo! more crap I can see on my unsubbed 811 that I use for OTA only...damn better hook up that LNB for 110 now :D

I would have thought these were "free" already. Supposedly the shopping channels pay E*, D*, and the cablecos to be carried vs us paying for them, so why wouldn't they have been free all along ?

QVC is supposedly going hd sometime this year. Maybe this is why they are not on the list?:)

I would have thought these were "free" already. Supposedly the shopping channels pay E*, D*, and the cablecos to be carried vs us paying for them, so why wouldn't they have been free all along ?

actually they were a while back. I use to have just locals a few years ago and they were included. Then I guess they felt you needed to sub to DishFamily or higher to get them. Now they're free again

Maybe Dish Network should use some of the extra space they are going to have to broadbast FTA stations. This will cause people to buy FTA hardware (Echostar/Dish Network receivers) to receive those stations for free and then they will have the option to subscribe to their service.

Yay! :D Now I can watch "America's Top 17 Shopping Channels" in addition to "America's Top Public Interest Pack" and "Penny Cinemax!"

I noticed this morning on the channel sthat are on 119 I got the "your smartcard is not authorized" blah blah blah...we'll see tonite :)

I just got this in my inbox, I guess it means if your canceling Dish because of no WWE HD on USA HD and SCIFI HD to keep your Dish equipment still hooked so you can shop from the shopping channels. :)

nope. I have an previously subbed box (811 being used for OTA) and on those channels I get "your smartcard is not authorized to view this program".

the channels popped up this morning. Before that all I could get was 101,213,240 & 262 (Dish 101, nasa, nps distants slate and angel one). I have a line from 119 to the 811

a few of those channels (104, 222,217) popped up but still get that message. Even after a reboot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)