Shopping Channels Moving To Free Access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just got this in my inbox, I guess it means if your canceling Dish because of no WWE HD on USA HD and SCIFI HD to keep your Dish equipment still hooked so you can shop from the shopping channels. :)

I notice that QVC is missing from this list.
now if Dish could just re map them to the upper 9000 range to get them out of the way.

They'll probably remap them to 52 through 69 next year. Yes, I realize that's 18 channels, not 17, but we all know Dish can't count.

If memory serves me, all of the shopping channels were available to all Dish Network receivers until the Family package was added. At that time only a select few shopping channels were left alone, the rest required a subscription to anything EXCEPT the Family package.

From 5/17/06 on the dishlist logs:
following shopping channels due to content are NOT included [in the Family Pack]216,217,218,219,221,223,225,227,229

Are these channels now FTA or FTC only? :confused:

Edit: I'll answer my own question. Digiblur says here that they're still encrypted. So... I think they must be FTC only.

you need to subscribe to something on Dish. They're not FTA (they're scrambled on a FTA box) and an unsubbed box gets the "your smartcard is not authorized" message.

well now they show up on a previously subbed box. All those shopping channels, CCTV9 (265), and the Sirius audio promo channels now come in with no smartcard issue

Wow. Not only are the shopping channels free, it seems like this month's "Free Preview" channels, as listed on Channel 102, are now also free. :)