Question about Winegard Sensar II

theman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 2, 2004
I had the original stealth unit and upgraded to the Winegard .All my locals are within 37 miles from my home should this one pick up everything from this range? Two of the locals channels i do not receive are in the same compass orientation that the one i do receive but if move the antenna a little it loses the one of the important main channels. Thanks

theman said:
I had the original stealth unit and upgraded to the Winegard .All my locals are within 37 miles from my home should this one pick up everything from this range? Two of the locals channels i do not receive are in the same compass orientation that the one i do receive but if move the antenna a little it loses the one of the important main channels. Thanks

yes it should work fine . The reason you may not be gettin the other two is may have a very low freguency i have to same problem here in indy with one of the channels but i just that it is very low freguency only will come in on a very clear day. Not sure how high up on you roof it is but i also have found if you can get it any higher it will help.

Tyork

Hey there man do you have the amplified senor two on the unaplified one? What I had to to with my sensor 2 amplified antenna is move it around on your roof to diffrent locations and try not to have the line of sight thru trees if you can help it..

I moved my antenna three times before I found the best signal, I am 47 miles away from the farthest tower and I have the sensor two amplified one and I am getting all my channels but one..

I moved the antenna from top of the house out to my shed and it is right around 22' compred to be 27' which was on top of the house and I am getting much better signal since I am not going thru so many trees.. I lost a few feet to height but I think in the long one,

I moved this thread to consolidate OTA related posts...slick is right, you will have to try moving the antenna around but even that is no guarantee. You may need to call Voom and ask for an upgrade. I too am about 30-35 miles from my towers and I had to get the Winegard PR-8800 in order to pick up all my major networks even though someone else only two miles away was able to use the Stealth.

Hey Man sorry about my last post I falling asleep as I wrote it, The best thing is to keep moving it untill you get your signal, I was about to give up on this Winegard amplified sensor two that I have but I found the sweet spot finally and every thing is great.. I wouldent call Voom out to redo it, do it your self unless your roof is to steep and you dont feel comfortable doing it.. Well good luck to ya.. Cya Slick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)