Question for anyone with the Multi Sport package

Chris Walker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
Preseason baseball games are starting soon, and I was wondering how Dish is handling the blackouts. I canceled my Multi Sport pack last fall after the blackouts kept increasing, but with this package you never know how they handle the preseason games so if anyone has this package and can check on the availability of the preseason games, I'd greatly appreciate it. If they are mostly in the clear, I'll call Dish and add the package back.

Last edited:
Last year, E* aired quite a few of spring training games free of blackout restrictions, if that's the case this year, who knows.

Last edited:
Iceberg said:
read at dbsforums.com that E* is blacking out the games not in your local area

Surprising.. :rolleyes: Can anyone confirm this? I am thinking of ordering MultiSport during Spring training to catch some of the games, but if they're blacked out obviously I won't

Chris Walker said:
Surprising.. :rolleyes: Can anyone confirm this? I am thinking of ordering MultiSport during Spring training to catch some of the games, but if they're blacked out obviously I won't

Most spring training games so far have been on - I watched an Arizona game the other day - and I live in DE! Definitely not local! :D

Question for someone with multisport. I know the live broadcasts are blacked out, but many of the RSNs re-air games at night. Sometimes midnight or 3am. Are these also blacked out?

It would be sweet if I could just pay the $6 and record games I want overnight.

Most of the time, the computer blacks out anything which says MLB and Baseball. I'll look this evening and see if there are any preseason replays and check for blackouts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)