Question for Dish retailer who does Free to Guest

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jestes23

Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Kentucky
Hello, Im Jeff a local dish retailer. Im competing with Time Warner Cable on a Free to Guest account. I've had trouble getting dish network to really help me so I have turned to this forum for some help.

A little history. About 1 year ago, I took a free to guest account away from Time Warner, saving the hotel $800 a month, and giving them HD channels.

Now the same hotel owner is building another hotel and Time Warner has come in with a low ball price on monthly programming, and free upfront costs. Im sure this is a loss leader for them but that sucks for us little guys.

My question is this. Is there a FCC law on what TWC can charge for programming? I know ESPN and HBO are the biggest expense, so how can TWC charge less for what dish makes them pay?

Any help in combating this company would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help

You may want to call your distributor or ask the question on the Dish Portal. I can't imagine they can change the rates of the programming itself but they can offer all the equipment and labor for free. You can also offer the equipment and labor for free but you better hope they keep Dish for a long time so you can make some money from it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts