question for everyone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johninillinois

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
have been seeing all kinds of new directv commercials on the new programming become available for us later this year. and i know they are launching two new birds yet this year. what type of programming are they planning to add in the high def side to make us happy and when are they planning to stop to roll some of it out.

i would love to see some more movie channels and some baseball in high def as i am a die hard cub fan big time and would love to see some of my games in high def if available. :) :D :D

John,

Odds are pretty good seeing a least of couple of Cubs games in HD because ESPNHD will likely have them as their marquee game a few times this summer. Nothing better than going to Wrigley though and sitting in the bleachers on a hot summer day with the women taking off their tops to get a tan. Ahhhhh, memories.

Sharpie said:
John,

Odds are pretty good seeing a least of couple of Cubs games in HD because ESPNHD will likely have them as their marquee game a few times this summer. Nothing better than going to Wrigley though and sitting in the bleachers on a hot summer day with the women taking off their tops to get a tan. Ahhhhh, memories.

you are sooooo right about that.... ;)

i totally agree

and have tickets in hand to make that happen will be getting married the first weekend in april and have tickets to the last two games of the home opener in hand presently. i was unable to talk him into letting me to have them for the first one but did get the rest of the series and can hardly wait. as wrigley is one of the most awesome parks to hang out in

John the first thing is the satellite launches have to be succesful. Then the satellites have to be tested. Then Directv will be able to uplink the local channels they have announced. Of course they will have to upgrade dishes and receivers for the new frequencies and MPEG4. After that then I would expect a rollout of national broadcast channels, seeing the local cities will allow debugging their upgrade procedures.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts