question for gregg or one of the other tv gurus

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
attached are three pictures to show what my tv is doing. what i am trying to figure out is if it is worth fixing or calabrating. you should see in the two espn pictures how the picture on the top of the screen is jiggly. one shows it and the other shows it when it doesn't. my guess is the camera caught it when it was in between jiggles.

let me know if you guys need more info.

hi!
Sorry for not replying earlier...I am just now noticing your post.
What set is this? Mits? If it is, it is a vertical banding issue and there is a service bulletin for fixing. If not, my first guess would be electrical interference / bad cabling / unclean power. This kind of thing can be a real B* to fix.
Best of luck...keep us posted.
Gregg

i wish i would have posted this an hour earlier so you could have seen it. i forgot to mention a few things. it is a toshiba. when i turn it on it takes about twenty to thirty minutes to warm up. (first three pictures) but as you can see, when the change input option is on, it does not jiggle.

now when i turn it to hd, (next two pictures) it is fine, but if i put it pack on sd (last picture) is goes back until it warms up. but the top (pictues in first post) never gets in focus.

i have tried switching from svideo to rca, but that didn't do anything. the next thing i might try is switching my cable box so it only outputs 1080i.

if i was to have it fixed, can you give me a ball park figure and let me know when the next time you would be in tampa. or would this be something simple that i might be able to fix in the settings?

i don't want to have to buy a new tv unless i have to, because i want to save a little bit longer and get a really nice one. this was my first hdtv and it is about four years old.

gregg, i see you are in this post right now. i made a mistake. it is a toshiba. i don't know what i was thinking.

korsjs, send an email to Gregg.

By the way Gregg ISF'ed my Toshiba HD RPTV..........as soon as I get the D* MPEG4 update (should be in about a year or.another story).........I'll have him over again....he is that good!

Did you get to see his "Live ISF calibration" here? that Marantz HD monitor had major issues......

Barney

hi guys

I have seen Toshibas that also have some banding (my 65H80 has a little bit). I would still try your cabling etc before calling for service. Id be betting it would be a simple power supply issue but not sure. I do not routinely perform service work when travelling as I would not be sure of what parts to order etc (and the pay scale is different :) )
Best wishes!!

Gregg

don't think it is the cables. when i have it on the hd input using the component cables and tuned to an sd channel, the scrable part is there, just not as bad. is there anything in the service menu i might be able to tweak?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts