Question for Peter Bain

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
I like the Satwork ST3618 and ST3688, both have the blind search feature that every one wants these days, and the 3688 can motorize your dish when you also purchase a motor (DiSEqC 1.2). Their software can be upgraded online if/when new programs are released, they can be cloned, so all the info in one can be flashed over to another identical receiver. They are not the Rolls Royce of FTA Ku band receivers but for value they can not be beaten, they are easy to use and understand with great results for the hobbyist. Check the link to DMSI on my web site for all the specs on the above receivers, I also recommend a universal KU LNB and a 95cm dish for (FTA) ku band channels as you will kick yourself you never got one very soon after installing a 30"/75cm dish, I know I did :yes

Thanks for asking Pete!
I like the Satwork 3688, it has the blind search feature, it can be motorized as its DiSEqC 1.2, the software can also be downloaded online when ever it gets upgraded, check the DMSI link on my web page for the specs. on this receiver.
I would not buy any receiver these days that does not have blind search and is not DiSEqC 1.2 compatible as the first thing you will want to add to your system is a motor and a 95cm dish! :)

Just having a laugh! I just got my new satfinder, its a compass and clinometer, I thought it was going to be cheap and nasty but its a first class tool! Cant wait to use it this afternoon!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts