Question for the DIRT Team

marty45714

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Belpre, OH
The local broadcast group Grey Television, has added a CBS and Fox affiliate on 2 new channels in my market (Parkersburg, WV / Marietta, OH). These channels have been on the air since September 1st. I did a new scan for local channels on my VIP 922, and I can view the channels, but the guide is blank for them, therefore I am unable to record anything on these channels. I contacted the General Manager of the TV stations, and he assured me that he has been in contact with Tribune and others so that these channels will have listings. So what do I do next? I need to know who to contact and exactly what to tell them so that I can see a guide for these new channels.

WIYE is uplinked right now on Dish but not available (maybe tomorrow)...thats the CBS. SO once it launches then the guide info **should** work for OTA

The Fox use to be WTAP-DT2 but moved to its own station WOVA (Fox) from 15-2 to 22-1....If diswh carries it already that is a changeover in the maps. Hate to say it but that may be a while. I know here in Minneapolis our 2nd PBS is on 2-3 and Dish carries it (on the analog number of 17) yet guide info is non-existant

Matt that market did a major overhaul recently. So it is gonna take a lot of changes ;)

Old setup
15-1 WTAP NBC
15-2 FOX SD
15-3 MY NETWORK SD

NO CBS LOCALLY

New setup
15-1 WTAP NBC
15-2 WEATHER

22-1 WOVA FOX

47-1 WIYE CBS
47-2 MY NETWORK SD

Matt, What Iceberg posted here is EXACTLY right. Two additional transmitters/channels have been added (22 and 47) and the original Digital channel 15 has been reconfigured. So right now, I have NO OTA guide data for 22 or 47. The guide is correct for 15.1 but not 15.2, which still shows the guide for My5, which was the old configuration for 15.2. Thanks to Iceberg for the info and to Matt for any help you can give in getting guide data assigned to these OTA channels. -Scott
Matt that market did a major overhaul recently. So it is gonna take a lot of changes ;) Old setup 15-1 WTAP NBC 15-2 FOX SD 15-3 MY NETWORK SD NO CBS LOCALLY New setup 15-1 WTAP NBC 15-2 WEATHER 22-1 WOVA FOX 47-1 WIYE CBS 47-2 MY NETWORK SD

marty
WIYE was just made available today on channel 5 (replacing WDTV).....so you **should** have guide info now for OTA

So Matt, is it reasonable for me to expect that you will relay this information to the proper people at Dish to help resolve this issue? Trying to determine to what extent you are able to help.

They can try but let me give you an example of where it hasnt been fixed

My market (Minneapolis) we have 6 channels in one mux (via 2 RF channels) that 5 dont have guide info. When I had Dish I tired to get it fixed but just gave up
5-1 KSTP ABC (guide info)
5-2 KSTC Independent station 45....Dish carries it on 45 (their old analog spot) but no guide info for OTA
5-3 KSTC-DT2 MeTV (no guide info)
5-4 KSTC-DT3 AntennaTV (no guide info)
5-6 KSTC-DT4 This TV (no guide info)
5-7 KSTP-DT2 Live Well (no guide info)

Also we have another example. KTCI 2-3 (formerly analog 17) there is guide info for the sat channel (17) but not the OTA version (2-3)

so you may be waiting....best thing would be to contact the station engineer or someone (maybe Roger Shepherd since he is answering questions from customers on the WTAP website about the changeover) so they can talk to DIsh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts