Question for the Experts

TVHabit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Southwest Desert
I have an old GI receiver connected to a BUD and it is only used for moving the dish. Up until recently, no problems. Now it is acting strangely and I know some old receivers had a battery that had to be replaced periodically. I have never changed it and am now wondering if it could be causing the problems. I replaced the batteries in the remote but still no fix. Thoughts?
Thanks

I moved to a new sat 103 I think and it was jerky . It stopped and started then just stopped. I moved it back to 99 and after some playing with the thing it made it back to 99 and I just kept it there. I was reading an old post where one person thought it might be the reed switch on the actuator....makes me wonder now if that might be the problem

Any error messages?

Do you manually drive between satellites or go to a previously memorized satellite position?

With a voltage meter, test the M1/M2 motor voltage. Does it remain constant DC voltage reading when trying to move? What is the Vdc reading?

With a continuity tester or scope, test the S1/S2 switch for open close cycles. Is the reed switch sending cycle ON/OFF pulses when the actuator is moving?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts