Question for Those Who Record Direct Kick, Center Ice, etc…

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Another newbie question. I noticed some of the games on the program guide show up in 6 hour blocks even though most games (MLS) are only two hours. Since D*'s HD DVR does not allow you to set exact recording times (I think), how can you avoid recording all six hours when you only need the first two? Time Warner would have these long blocks with Direct Kick & Center Ice also, but it was no big deal since I could tell their DVR exactly what time I wanted the recording to stop and end. With D*, their DVR gives you the option to extend the recording but not stop it early. This issue is not really a problem with Direct Kick since games are not shown in HD, but if D* does the same with HD Center Ice games I could see where their DVR could fill up quickly. Other than this potential problem, so far I'm glad I have D* and gave Time Warner the boot.

Thank you! The manual recording feature was exactly what I was looking for when I said I wanted to set my own recording stop and ending times, but D*'s owner's manual says absolutely nothing about that so I didn't know it existed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)