Question for you 922 UI gurus

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
On your tiled icon list of DVR recordings, is there a way to edit the name of the title like you can do on the 722 interface? For instance, if I record a 5-minute snippet from "NBC Nightly News", I can change the name to be more intuitive like "Romney interview" to find later, instead of having a bunch of "NBC Nightly News" items in the list.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's where I meant to post it, didn't realize I was in the Technical forum until it was too late. Brain fart. Mods move please?

So, I'm guessing that limitation would transfer over to the Hopper interface...

On the 922, looking at DVR contents with 'No Folders' (Green) you can 'Edit All' (Blue) and check the item recorded. Then check the recording you want. Then you can rename it, but you can put it in a Folder (My Folders) that you can name and rename or later delete as you please. Then you can view these folders by selecting 'My Folders' (Green).

Recording a Clip: If you want to save a little small clip - something that you just watched on Live TV, say it's a song or a funny skit or memorable news item, you can still record it as a clip (as long as you don't change the channel.) Just use your reverse key to go backwards into the buffer, back to just before where you want to begin the clip. Press Play. Then, at the moment where you want the Clip to start, press the red-dot Record button (just below the pause button on the remote.) If the entire contents of your clip are already in the buffer, then immediately proceed to Press the white-square Stop button (to the left of the Record button,) and confirm you want to stop the recording. You will have your clip. If you want, you could also fast-forward to Live TV, and watch until the moment where you want to then Stop the Clip. Note that It does not work to stop at another point in the buffer (wish it did) but the clip will contain everything from the moment of the Record button mark up to the current Live TV moment in the buffer. This is a neat trick if you don't want a whole program (or didn't record the program,) but wish you had a clip of what you just watched!

On the 922, looking at DVR contents with 'No Folders' (Green) you can 'Edit All' (Blue) and check the item recorded. Then check the recording you want. Then you can rename it, but you can put it in a Folder (My Folders) that you can name and rename or later delete as you please. Then you can view these folders by selecting 'My Folders' (Green).
Thanks, seems that it only requires a paradigm shift in managing recordings.

Recording a Clip: If you want to save a little small clip - something that you just watched on Live TV, say it's a song or a funny skit or memorable news item, you can still record it as a clip (as long as you don't change the channel.) Just use your reverse key to go backwards into the buffer, back to just before where you want to begin the clip. Press Play. Then, at the moment where you want the Clip to start, press the red-dot Record button (just below the pause button on the remote.) If the entire contents of your clip are already in the buffer, then immediately proceed to Press the white-square Stop button (to the left of the Record button,) and confirm you want to stop the recording. You will have your clip. If you want, you could also fast-forward to Live TV, and watch until the moment where you want to then Stop the Clip. Note that It does not work to stop at another point in the buffer (wish it did) but the clip will contain everything from the moment of the Record button mark up to the current Live TV moment in the buffer. This is a neat trick if you don't want a whole program (or didn't record the program,) but wish you had a clip of what you just watched!
Good to know that nothing has changed regarding recording clips from the 625 to 722 to 922...but yeah, the ability to be able to stop at any point in the buffer instead of just at the live point would be nice.

On the first bit, I should have added that even if you name something in a Folder, if you are looking at your DVR contents with 'No Folders', all you see are the original titles from the Guide, and nothing to indicate something is in a folder view. Oh well.

OK - yeah, I figured you might already know that 2nd bit, and I put that part in only for people who hadn't considered or tried the "clip" capability, or recording stuff that has just 'flown by.'