Question: HDMI Audio from 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

electr0n

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Austin, TX
I was wondering if anyone is using the HDMI audio out of the 622? I currently have a tv with DVI input so I can't test it. But what I am considering is that I'm thinking about buying another TV with HDMI to go in another room. I'd like to have an HDMI switch to switch between the two tv's (only one will be used at a time so a switch is ok).

I know that I can use the component out and optical audio (or L+R) to do the same thing but I'd really like a one cable solution if possible. Audio from the tv will be fine for the second set - I don't need surround sound but HD video is a must. Has anybody done something like this?

As reported elsewhere on these boards and what I have experienced, THe VIP622 HDMI does not deliver Dolby 5.1. For the life of me I can't figure out what the Dish engineers were thinking by not delivering 5.1 with the most sophisticated (to date) delivery mechanism for HDTV's. The solution is to direct the Optical out to your sound system and grab just the HDMI video.

J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)