Question on 811 software?

Dominic

Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
Northern New Jersey
Can someone tell me the current software version running on the 811?
The my 811 is running P265LADD-N.

I had my 811 installed last Friday it replaced a 4900 I had and loved for 4 years.

What’s the deal, the picture quality from the 811 is terrible compared to the picture got from the 4900. Both SD and HD are fussy and very dark on both the S-VIDEO and Component outputs.

I’m an full time ISF calibrator so I know it’s not the set.

Anyone, have any insight as to when or if Dish intends to resolve the many issues with the 811?
I waited 6 months for this box and now it seems they released this product prematurely and are using their customers as bata test sites to find the bugs. :mad: They must have taken lessons from Microsoft.

Dominic said:
Can someone tell me the current software version running on the 811?
The my 811 is running P265LADD-N.

I had my 811 installed last Friday it replaced a 4900 I had and loved for 4 years.

What’s the deal, the picture quality from the 811 is terrible compared to the picture got from the 4900. Both SD and HD are fussy and very dark on both the S-VIDEO and Component outputs.

I’m an full time ISF calibrator so I know it’s not the set.

Anyone, have any insight as to when or if Dish intends to resolve the many issues with the 811?
I waited 6 months for this box and now it seems they released this product prematurely and are using their customers as bata test sites to find the bugs. :mad: They must have taken lessons from Microsoft.

You might want to review the posts in the special 811 section in the Dish forum on this site. The dark video is a known problem that some also see and others don't. You can also see the status of the latest software and what other bugs folks are reporting on this box. Sorry you're finding out the hard way about the 811, hope you didn't have to make a 12 month commitment to get it.

Having the privilege of being a current Dishnetwork customer,the only way I could get it was make a 12 month commitment, had to wait 6 months and had to pay for the box. But it only cost me $149.

But, I were a new customer then I could have gotten the box in a week and it would have been free.
Great customer retention plan, :confused: don't you think?

Dominic said:
Having the privilege of being a current Dishnetwork customer,the only way I could get it was make a 12 month commitment, had to wait 6 months and had to pay for the box. But it only cost me $149.

But, I were a new customer then I could have gotten the box in a week and it would have been free.
Great customer retention plan, :confused: don't you think?

That's one of the reasons that I'm now a happy D* customer.

The verdict is still out on the picture quality issue. My 811 is terrible on s-video, component and DVI-D. Dish are still saying that a software update will fix the picture, but the skeptics like myself believe this is a hardware problem that will never be fixed. It may also be that newer 811's have a hardware fix to solve the image quality and the older ones don't and will never be fixed. I am escalating my concerns with Dish, but didn't get a solid answer yet, and maybe never will.

Unfortunately, you are just another on the list of 811 owners with terrible image quality. As you correctly state, it has nothing to do with tweaking the display. I have been designing video equipment for 20+ years, and this 811 turkey would never have made it out of the lab.

Keith.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts