Question on a 5th

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
What would i Have to do to add a 5th TV with just a standard box to my account?

4 just is not enough for my big family.

I have newest equipment, if that helps.

Dish will only let you lease four receivers...I have five TVs but I own 2 622's, lease 1 622 and lease 1 625. Hope that helps.

You can lease 4 receivers max but you can buy a single receiver and add it to your account. A 311 costs around $99.99 or you can buy used for somewhere around $50. If you buy a used make sure you call with the R00 and S00 numbers before actually buying it.

As far as other equipment, What do you currently have? Receivers, LNBs and # of dishes would help. Most likely you'll need a switch but we need to know what you have to make a suggestion.

RandallA said:
You can lease 4 receivers max but you can buy a single receiver and add it to your account. A 311 costs around $99.99 or you can buy used for somewhere around $50. If you buy a used make sure you call with the R00 and S00 numbers before actually buying it.

As far as other equipment, What do you currently have? Receivers, LNBs and # of dishes would help. Most likely you'll need a switch but we need to know what you have to make a suggestion.

Ive got

1 - DP 301
1 VIP 211
1DP Plus 625.

I think, but Not absolutely positive(NEWB) I have the new dish 1000, not sure.
is this enough info? how many TV's can I actually run on one dish? like if i wanted two more boxes could I do it?

You got to have a switch with those 3 receivers. Go to Menu, 6,1, 1 and run check switch, it will come back with the results and tell you what equipment you have. You probably have a DPP44 switch, if you do then you have one port open. If you have a DP 34 switch, you'll need to purchase another one and cascaded it off the first one to give you 4 extra ports.

RandallA said:
You got to have a switch with those 3 receivers. Go to Menu, 6,1, 1 and run check switch, it will come back with the results and tell you what equipment you have. You probably have a DPP44 switch, if you do then you have one port open. If you have a DP 34 switch, you'll need to purchase another one and cascaded it off the first one to give you 4 extra ports.

Yea Ive got the DPP44, so what receiver should I look into? DO I need anything special with the reciever, especially if it's used?

You're set for one more receiver. If you buy a used receiver make sure you get the R00 and S00 numbers from the seller, call Dish Network and ask if you can activate that receiver to your account. Sometimes people try to sell receivers that are still leased and Dish Network will not activate it for you.

RandallA said:
You're set for one more receiver. If you buy a used receiver make sure you get the R00 and S00 numbers from the seller, call Dish Network and ask if you can activate that receiver to your account. Sometimes people try to sell receivers that are still leased and Dish Network will not activate it for you.

Yea that was definately my next thought, how I would know it was legit.

Thanks

Dish will lease a maximum of 4 tuners. By your description, you are already at your lease limit. There is an official maximum of 6 boxes allowed on one account. I have heard of a few people who have been allowed a 7th.
However, as stated by the other knowledgable posters, you are free to buy your own box, of any kind, and pay for any installation charges. Then you will be charged a $5 "Addtional Receiver Access Fee" per month for that additional box on your account. And that is it. Happy family TVing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts