Question on Activation Brand New 505 SC Receiver

pavusdei

Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
Hi, i'll be calling to activate a brand new (virgin) 505 HD receiver, my location is in Central Mexico, am using a 2.40 meter dish and 2 separate linear LNBs with very good signal on both sats.

My question is the following, i used the channel 299 first to point Anik F1 sat with about 90 points of signal, then i disconected that sat and conected a second lnb to find Anik F2, found it and got about 88 points of signal, then connected boths lnbs using a 22KHZ switch (Anik F1 on port A 0 KHZ and Anik F2 on port B 22 khz), but here is the thing, i can see the preview channel (channel 200) and the shopping channel (channel 392) but as far as that i can't tune to any channel on Anik F2 nor see signal of Anik F2.

Is this thing normal on a virgin receiver and when they activate it i'll be able to tune to another channel and verify the signal on Anik F2?

I have experience with Dish Network and BEV and i was wondering if has to be done something like a "check switch" thing or else?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Yes, this is normal. LEAVE IT ON CHANNEL 299

Yes, looks like you are good to go. You will not see any channels (including freeview channels on F2) from the F2 sat (111.1) unless the box is authorized. Please leave it on channel 299 (you should see some video there already) and then call for authorization. Do not change channels until authorized. I would wait at least 1-2 hours after you get off the phone and then check F2 channels.

good luck.

Worked like a charm!

Thank you very much, finally i have my system working and the reception here is a way better than Dish, Bev, Dtv, etc, and without spending a lot of money in dishes.

Hi. wondering if you can give me some info. I also live in Mexico City and have a second home in Manzanillo. Had to move my StarChoice Quad LNB from Mexico City to Manzanillo so now I have lost service in Mexico. My questions are who installed the service for you in Mexico City? Where did you get your LNBs? What are they? Are both aimed at the same dish? (looks like it from the picture) I have two dishes on the roof, one for each satellite.

Thanks

Did it myself

Hi. wondering if you can give me some info. I also live in Mexico City and have a second home in Manzanillo. Had to move my StarChoice Quad LNB from Mexico City to Manzanillo so now I have lost service in Mexico. My questions are who installed the service for you in Mexico City? Where did you get your LNBs? What are they? Are both aimed at the same dish? (looks like it from the picture) I have two dishes on the roof, one for each satellite.

Thanks

I did the installation, and i'm not using the original antena since it was to bulky to transport from Canada, i had a 2.40 mt antena pointed at sat 110 of Dish Network and what did was add two lnbs to catch the SC sats. If you have HD or French programming you will need both sats, the better setup here in mexico will be using 2 different antenas or if by chance you have a 1.80 mt antena you can pick up both signals in the same dish, if not you can use 2 local "sky mexico" antenas for each sat or one "sky mexico" antena for sat anik F1R and a bigger dish of 1 meter for anik F2, you need to use Linear STANDARD Lnbs (the ones that Sky mexico uses WON'T work) and to join the two dishes you will need a 22 KHZ switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)