Question on Activation from self installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hawai

Original poster
Nov 9, 2005
Because I live in an apartment, I self-installed a 30 inch satellite dish on my balcony. I had to do it myself because I didn't know the quality of the job an installer might do. I also purchased a used samsung receiver and a brand new p5 directv access card which is still sealed.

I got all these so that I can get the Asian channels on the Directv 110 satellite. I am able to point to the 110 satellite and get great strength. Everything is in place, but there is just one last step left.

My question is how do I go about activating my receiver for the Asian package? I am a NEW customer. Do I call Directv directly or should I call an installer (even though I don't need one)? Can I call one of the sponsors from this site to subscribe for the Asian package?

Thanks.

Hate to break this to you, but the Asian channels are on 119 So, you'll have to re-aim your dish to 119, and then just go ahead and activate normally. You just add the Asian package when you're selecting what you want, or you can add it later through the Web site

I want to get the jadeworld package that is on the 110 satellite. But thank for your advice cheebs.

What do you mean by "just go ahead and activate normally"? How do I go about doing this......calling them or doing it online? I am a new customer.

Thanks Cheebs for the info. My mistake about the satellite. Will re-aim the dish right away

hawai said:
Thanks Cheebs for the info. My mistake about the satellite. Will re-aim the dish right away
If this is a new account, there is the high probability that D* will not activate your used equipment. If by some miracle they do they may require you to purchase a new access card from them for about $20. Even though the card you have is new and in a sealed package, they usually don't like activating cards that were obtained from sources other than themselves.

you ould just get an oval 3 lnb dish and get all the satellites.

as with the receiver, yes DirecTv will let you activate a used receiver but you need to get the card from them. I deal with it all day long.

Ez_1321 said:
you ould just get an oval 3 lnb dish and get all the satellites.

as with the receiver, yes DirecTv will let you activate a used receiver but you need to get the card from them. I deal with it all day long.

D* will let you activate used equipment if it is for an existing account or a returning customer. On new accounts if you get one new receiver from them and activate it along with a used one they will go for that but activating only a used receiver on a "new" account is something they will rarely do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts