Question on Dish 1000 Satellite

bikeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2005
Gibraltar Michigan
Hi

I'm wondering if the switch on the Dish 1000 satellite is supposed to be exposed on the back of the dish, or should it have a cover over it?, it's exposed right now, i tried to get a pic, but it was taken with camera phone, so not sure how good that came out, will upload that later, and edit this post once i have pic uploaded.

We seem to lose signal in heavy winds and rain, dish is in same spot as old Dish 500 was ontop of Roof on our condo.

Pic didn't come out that great, i'm sorry all

Thank you all in advance

Last edited:
"Dish 1000 satellite"

The satellites are up in space not on your roof but I know you're talking about your dish. Dish Network switches were designed for indoor and outdoor use so your switch should be OK being outside. It's better if the connections are protected with weather boots.

If you're losing signal, you can check your connections outside. If you see moisture or corrosion you'll need to have them replaced.

I'm wondering if the switch on the Dish 1000 satellite is supposed to be exposed on the back of the dish, or should it have a cover over it?
The back of the dish is the side that doesn't face South. it doesn't need to be covered to function properly (and almost universally isn't). The side that faces South must not be covered.

Thank you for the replies, other family members got concerned, so i thought i'd ask to be sure, thank you so much for the replies, i really appreicate it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts