Question on Installation, Diplexer

Code:
OTA --\                                 /---OTA box
SAT--mswitch--<tuner 1 cable>--diplexer---Tuner 1
The key in understanding this is that you only need to diplex the OTA on one of the cables going to the receiver. Once to bring it in and once to take it out. The older multiswitches provided for OTA diplexing internally while the new ones don't allow it.

Thanks Lak7. We honestly could care less about HD, we live in the boonies and need OTA for local channels. So, we're not trying to hook this up to receive HD, just to be able to view our local channels. I will try the suggestions, I'm still not 100% sure on how to do it but I guess with a little trial and error I'll figure it out.

Thanks Harshness, I think I understand, don't have to diplex both cables coming in, just one. That makes sense to me and I think I can manage it!!! I don't know why this was so hard to get thru my head!!! Going to give it a whirl this weekend or next!!! THANKS!

If it has an ATSC tuner, there are all kinds of things it can do with OTA. OTA is not just for HD.

But the R-10 and R-15 have no OTA tuners, none!! so no need to feed to them, it should be going stright to TV and in 2009 he will need to have it going to DTV converter for each TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)