question on installer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcj2001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
I have my superdish installation in the near future.

Will the installer install the wires as per my suggestion or will they take route which is closer to the receiver.

I am trying avoid drilling thru the wall by using RG6 flat cable thru my Bathroom window and my house RG6 distribution box is close to the bathroom.

The installer should (if possible) mount the dish as close to the electrical meter as possible so he can get a good ground. Most houses I have seen most of the cable will be near this area too. If your set-up is like yours then he will do it the way you want. I would get you to sign off on that so I don't get burned if someone trips over that cable coming from your bathroom. So he/she will probably do like you want, but you might have to sign off saying that is the way you wanted it to go.

Some installers will run the wires the shortest distance possible to save money and time while others will run the extra wire. If you stay with the installer and help him out some he will more likely run a longer wire if that is what you want. Some may try to charge you extra for the wire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)